Biogents BG Home Scent Cartridge
Best use with the new Biogents BG Home mosquito trap specifically designed for indoors.
The BG-Homescent uses the same formulation to imitate the human skin as the BG-Homescent. It is developed to be used with the BG-Home indoor trap. The new BG-Homescent comes as a pad filled with the three volatile components in granular form.
The new BG-Homescent offers the following
- A more natural emission pattern – the spatial distribution of the cocktail of active molecules is more equally mixed and resembles the natural emission of human skin odours.
- Better protection against environmental influence – the waterproof envelope allows diffusion of the components through the membrane. At the same time, the components are protected against rain, humidity, and light.
- Improved emission profile – the ingredients are formulated into specific polymeres that provide a controlled release of the active ingredient. A more natural emission pattern
Biogents mosquito trap “BG-Home” is a high-performance and eco-friendly trap for indoor use that targets mosquitoes that enter and rest in the house.
The trap is especially attractive to the Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) and yellow fever (or dengue) mosquito (Aedes aegypti), both of which are not only annoying but can also carry life-threatening diseases. Asian tiger and yellow fever mosquitoes are predominantly found in the Mediterranean region and in subtropical and tropical countries where they can transmit diseases like dengue fever, chikungunya, or Zika.
Additionally, the trap can also attract other pest insects found in your home.
- For indoors
- High capture rates
- Targets tiger mosquitoes and other flying insects
- Uses no toxic chemicals
- Easy to handle
The trap’s capture method is based on the same patented capture technology of all Biogents suction traps. The BG-Home imitates the manner in which odors are presented by a human body:
Biogents has developed and patented an artificial human scent, the BG-Homescent. This scent, which is especially attractive to the tiger and yellow fever mosquitoes, is dispersed by the trap in a plume that closely resembles the one produced by a human.
Additionally, inside the trap, a heated surface at body temperature provides an additional attractive stimulus for the mosquitoes. A UV light attracts additional pest insects.
Last but not least, to a mosquito, the black color of the trap is also visually attractive.
Approaching mosquitoes are lured closer by all these attractive cues and are then captured and deposited into the base of the trap where they dehydrate.
A transparent window allows you to monitor the catch and indicates when it is time to empty the trap.
Directions for Use
The placement of the mosquito trap is an important factor to ensure high catch rates. The trap should be placed indoors near mosquito hiding places such as plants.
To enjoy your home again, do not hide the trap and do not place it too high. It is best to test out different locations in your home.
Do not place it more than 1 meter in height above the ground.
- Remove the Biogents BG Homescent from the plastic package
- Place Biogents BG Homescent at the bottom of the mosquito catch tray of the Biogents BG Home mosquito trap.
- Close back the Biogent BG Home mosquito trap and switch on the power.